Friday, September 24, 2010

Tongues and a Plea for Happy Thoughts

Here are our entries for Twinkie's Tongue Contest ...
It was kind of embarrassing cuz apparently we keep our tongues out all da time!!!
Dis is Nikki on her way to class. She is a very smart student... with a very long tongue.


Dis is Lucy. She has a licking addiction so her tongue is always in action. She's a rescue so we thinks her licking soothed her when she was tied to a gas meter when she was a baby.


Dis my furiends is me, Calhoun. I am 4.5 now but on my first birthday we had a huge party cuz it was a LONG year. Mommy says I was a wild puppy. Anyways, she made me dis yummy cake and well dis is me enjoying it. It was so good, I didn't even notice the silly hat! We still have bday parties but they are in the park.


Dis is McIver. He is very dignified but I like him anyways. He keeps his tongue to himself. Mommy and Daddy are so happy to get a sugar from him because he is SOOO stingy with dems.
Unfortunately, McIver gashed his side open last night in the yard. We aren't real sure what happened. He was so stoic about it that no one even knew it happened until several hours later. At first we thought it looked like a puncture wound or even a gunshot!!
After further examination, we discovered it was, in fact, a gash. Mommy and Daddy were able to administer some first aid last night and Daddy is taking him to the Vet this morning. As you all know, McIver is very selective about who he is makes friends with. So a trip to the Vet is quite stressful for him and Mommy and Daddy.
So PLEASE think good thoughts today about McIver and the Vet office. Oh yeah and Daddy cuz he's takin' him.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, my sissy is stingy withs her kisses too and when(only twice in a year)her does mum gets all weepy eyed. Yep, mum is a dork!
    Okays, we will be thinking good thoughts bout McIver and your poor poor dad...we wish him well. Who is your VET?
    Mum was cracking up overs da Walmart comment. It is impossible to get down da food isle theres. We make sure they is no Bertha Bigbutts on da same isle at da same time.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dese is all great tongue photos! I am sending puppy prayers to McIver. Please keeps us posted on hims...'kay?

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here come my Pawsitive vibes for McIver.
    GRRRREAT tongue pics.. TOO funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about McIver, but I bet he'll be just fine soon. I love all the happy smiling tongue shots. I am going to upload them as soon as possible.
    Pleased to meet you!
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, I am very much sorry about McIver's big ouchie! I hope everything went A-OK at the vet today and he got all fixed up.

    And nextly, those are some Most Awesome pictures! I luvs them all but my favoritest one is of you in your pawty hat. Too cute!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey MacIver! Morgan is a great kisser! She could give you lessons. I'm just saying!

    I think you all have some very nice tongue pictures and we all have our paws crossed for you MacIver!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be brave McIver! The vet will fix you right up.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pawesome pictures!
    Good luck at the contest!
    Paws crossed here for McIver!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete